Sign up for Capo Today!
A Parent/Child music experience,
Directed by Sara Bonner
Tuesdays 4:45 - 5:30 pm
Lawrence Free State High School
Next Session: Jan. 8th - Feb. 26th, 2013
Download registration form
Capo (Cah-poh) is the newest choir experience for the preschool set of Lawrence! Children ages three years to five are invited to enter this wholly experiential music setting. Students from Capo will continue on to Cadenza with a basic knowledge of musical skills already established.
Sara Bonner is a veteran Music Educator who is trained in music development/education and skilled in leading participatory music activity.
· Encourage an atmosphere of community with parents and children.
· Introduce a new way of thinking about children & music.
· Provide developmentally appropriate practice in music.
· Introduce new repertoire including songs, chants, instrument and prop activities, and movement activities.
· Assess children’s music development and communicate this information to parents and caregivers.
Capo will be 45 minutes long and include:
· Simple songs
· Nursery rhymes
· Circle games
· Movement activities
· Just plain fun!
Other benefits of the group are imagination, memory, concentration, confidence and social interaction.
Tuesdays, 4:45-5:30 pm, Free State High School
· Parent/child Unit: January 8th - February 26th is $125.00, or $200 for one parent and two children (covers all materials and any take-homes)
· Full payment is due with registration (scholarships available)
· Class size maximum of 12 pairs, minimum of 6
· Class runs for 8 weeks