Sign up for Capo Today!
Accepting Online Registration for Fall and Winter Semesters!
A Parent/Child music experience, Directed by Sara Bonner
When: Tuesdays 4:45 - 5:30 pm
Where: Lawrence Free State High School, Music Wing
Fall Semester: September 10 through November 3, 2014
Winter Semester: January 7 through February 23, 2014
Online Registration Form for Capo Choir
Capo (Cah-poh) is the newest choir experience for the preschool set of Lawrence! Children ages three years to five are invited to enter this wholly experiential music setting. Students from Capo will continue on to Cadenza with a basic knowledge of musical skills already established.
Sara Bonner is a veteran Music Educator who is trained in music development/education and skilled in leading participatory music activity.
· Encourage an atmosphere of community with parents and children.
· Introduce a new way of thinking about children & music.
· Provide developmentally appropriate practice in music.
· Introduce new repertoire including songs, chants, instrument and prop activities, and movement activities.
· Assess children’s music development and communicate this information to parents and caregivers.
Our Capo choir meets weekly during two 8-week semesters per year. Each weekly session for our Capo Choir is 45 minutes long and includes:
· Simple songs
· Nursery rhymes
· Circle games
· Movement activities
· Just plain fun!
Other benefits of participation in our Capo Choir are imagination, memory, concentration, confidence and social interaction. Class size is kept to a maximum of 12 pairs, minimum of 6.
Tuition for our Capo Choir is $125 per parent/child for an 8-week session. Sign up a child for both fall and winter semesters or two children for one semester and receive a $20 discount on tuition! Scholarships are available for those who qualify. Please see Scholarship Form and Guidelines for additional details.